Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Saw. I Pinned. I MADE IT!

'Tis no secret that I love to pin.

It's a fun guilty pleasure.

It's an inspiration spring board.

And it's a real aggravation sometimes.

Like when you end up following someone who goes on a pinning rampage.

Posting a plethora of pins to their new board "Zombie Fairies."

You just have to roll your eyes, take a deep sigh, & go unfollow their obnoxious behind.

Once you've done that........... well, you're golden.

And all freed up to see CAH-UUUTE stuff like this handprint Christmas tree.


Because I didn't have enough orders to work on yesterday.  {I jest}

I made a spur-of-the-moment decision that we would make Walkie's handprint into a Christmas tree.

And because I rebel on even the tiniest of levels, I decided that the handprint needed some sprucing up.

Here's what we came up with.


Create a diamond pattern.  Trace lines onto canvas.  Lines need to be approx. 2" wide.  Paint in your lines.


Ta daaaa!  Diamond pattern complete.


Prepare the little hand.  Don't glob on the paint. Smooth it out in a nice, thin layer.


If the paint didn't show up on the canvas as boldly as you'd like, go back in & carefully fill it in.


Draw a trunk on your tree, top it with a glittered star, add some garland, & voila! It's ready!


Such a great idea to bring out every year at Christmas or give as gifts to the Grands!

 
 
We put ours on the door where I've hastily thrown up our Christmas cards............ somebody please find me a cute way to display my Christmas cards!


 

5 comments:

  1. I showcase my holiday cards by hanging a thick holiday ribbon from either the top of a door or wall and attach the cards on the ribbon with tiny wooden clothes pins from Michaels. I usually have to hang 2 or 3 ribbons next to each other. I even spray painted my pins red and green. I always get compliments on very super easy craft...hmm....maybe it's so easy, it shouldn't be called a craft..HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT idea! I love it! Thank you for sharing!
      Sweetly,
      Bethany

      Delete
  2. Love it! I might have to do something like that for sunday school this week. I had pinned the Christmas craft of the foot print in a manger and thought about it, but sometimes girls wear hose to sunday school, and that really messes with my footprint craft ideas. Last week we did a thumbprint wreath on a tile. I love making special keepsakes for the parents at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love the thumb print idea! I also saw a handprint of a manger scene that would be great for a SS class craft.

      Delete
  3. This is so ridiculously cute. I'll bring my girls over on Monday for a craft date with Walkie and Aunt Beffany, K? :) I saw my Christmas card on your door! Can't wait to receive YOURS! :)

    ReplyDelete