Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thankful....... Simply Thankful!

At this moment, I find myself just sitting on the sofa.

Just sitting & stealing a few minutes in stillness.

I would say quiet........

But it's not quiet around here at all.

There is a darling little boy singing & yelling at the top of his lungs while he catapults all the toy balls he has from one end of the house to the other.

It.Is.Loud!

Yet in this loudness, I find stillness.

{there hasn't been very much of that around here lately}

And in this stillness, I find thankfulness.



And while I am thankful for so many things, these are TOPS in this moment...............

Numba One - My sweet husband.  I truly love this man to pieces!  He supports & encourages me.  He can be ridiculous & hilarious, & I love living life with him!

Numba Two - My baby boy.  He is a dream come true.  A hope fulfilled.  And sometimes I just look at him & cry!!!  I {still} can't believe how wonderfully God brought us together..... through our brokenness........ to this place of joy & love & happiness.

Numba Three - Forgiveness.  Lately, I've had such a hard time finding a consistent schedule for prayer & Bible study.  Although I beat myself up about it, it never fails that when I come to the Word, the Lord meets me there with such encouragement & love & hope.  What a kindness I find!

Numba Four - That some day, some way, some place, some time............ there is another baby {or 2 or 3} of ours waiting for us to come get them & bring them home.

I am oh so thankful for this moment of fading stillness.............

------------------------------------------------

The little boy has now progressed to putting his toy balls beside me.

He's edging into my stillness.

Gotta run!

Thankful for the stillness.

Thankful for the running.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment