Thursday, September 27, 2012

Souper Thursday!

When the weather starts to get chilly, I like to make soup.

When I'm thinking about chilly weather, I like to make soup.

When I smell bonfires, I like to make soup.

Shoot, even when I'm just thinking about soup........... well, I like to make soup!

Here is one of our family's favorites.  It comes straight from my Mommy's recipe book!  ♥

I am shocked that I remembered to take a picture!
Taco Soup

1 pound of ground beef
1 pound of ground turkey
1 onion chopped or minced or whateva
1 garlic clove minced

Brown meats with onion & garlic.

2 - 16 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 - 16 oz. can diced Mexican tomatoes (if you can't find these, just use something similar)
2 - 16 oz. cans kidney beans
1 - 16 oz. can yellow corn
1 - 16 oz. can black beans
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
2 packages of Taco Seasoning

Do NOT drain vegetables.  Mix all of the above together.
Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, & tortilla chips or Fritos!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love me some soup. Your mom gave me a couple of her soup recipes. I'm itching to try the pumpkin soup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pumpkin soup one is very good too! However, it isn't very filling on its own. It needs a grilled cheese or something like that......... but it's GOOD!

      Delete