Friday, August 24, 2012

When I Die Young, Lay Me Down in Some Cake Batter!

It's a certifiable fact:  I am gonna die young if I keep visiting Sally's Baking Addiction blog.

I stumbled across these 2 cake batter recipes that I absolutely HAD to try!

My Momma's visit {because she was having grandparent withdrawals} was the perfect excuse to do a little 3 Generation Baking! 

First up to the plate was Cake Batter Sugar Cookies.

{please pause to notice my cleverness......... first up to the "plate"........ cake "batter" cookies...... that's hilarious....... go ahead & laugh!!!!}

YES!  That is my new Zoya Zuza nail polish!  Thanks for asking.  It's a lovely blue/green teal with LOTS of shimma'!

The recipe seemed a bit odd to me. 

It called for just one egg. 

No vanilla extract. 

Only 3/4 cup flour.

No vanilla extract. 

Butter flavoring!  {I'd never used this before}

And no vanilla extract!

I knew that there was NO way these cookies could be bad, so I just went wherever the smell of cake batter took me!

These little things were WoNdErFuL!!!!!! 

I've never had a cookie that had the perfect {and I do mean perfect} crunch on the outside & chewiness on the inside!  The taste was really very, very good!  I'm not sure that it tasted like cake batter, but who cares???!!!!  They were delicious!

Next time I make them I'll use less sprinkles & add a little almond flavoring to them!

AND because one recipe just wasn't enough to curb my craving............

I also decided upon a recipe for Cake Batter Blondies.

Honestly!!!!  How.in.the.world.was.I.supposed.to.pass.these.up????

I didn't!  I couldn't!  I wouldn't!

Corner pieces are the best!  And this isn't the best pic.  Sorry.  :(
These are so yummy & I wouldn't change a thing about them!

They are a lot like I remember Chess Bars tasting.............. but better!

The next time I make these, I think I'll leave them in the oven a touch longer so that my edges stay crunchy & crispy........ it was a little softer than I like.

Happy Baking!

And Happy Long-Run Day for me!

I've gotta burn off all these calories so that I can eat some more! 

Enjoy your weekend!


 


ps - I don't know Sally.  Sally doesn't know me.  We will probably never meet!  I am shamelessly promoting her blog & her recipes because I love sweet, yummy goodness........ and this girl has got the goods!

pps - I may need an intervention....... I keep stalking Sally's blog for more recipes!  HELP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment